Print this page
Historical Text Archive © 1990 - 2017
Printer friendly version of: http://historicaltextarchive.com/sections.php?action=read&artid=392
Comments on the Revolution
The Revolution as a Whole
- So much localism. So many origins in small places.There was no single event that prompted it. Instead, discontent eropted into violence in many places as the central government lost is legitimacy.
- Anticlericalism (anti-church measures) was one of the
shibboleths of the Revolution.
- Indianism was another shibboleth.
- Education was another. Government very sensitive about this
- Economic development and equitable distribution of property
The Revolution is not dead in the sense that these are still
trotted out as goals. However, in the 1980s, they were trotted out less frequently.
Mexican Revolution was indigenous. Communists have always
been small in number and unimportant. Mexican politicians have little time for anything but their